Monday, December 11, 2017

Daily Thoughts 12/11/2017


Origami Cranes, Public Domain from Wikimedia., Laitche
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Origami#/media/File:%E6%8A%98%E9%B6%B4_WUXGA.jpg

Daily Thoughts 12/11/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of Winning Elections and Influencing Politicians for Library Funding.  I am reading about how to respond to opposition to libraries.  A lot of opposition to libraries comes from people who oppose increased taxes.

I checked the displays and the gift books.

I spent some time working on Give Gab.  We got a few more donations for the Lets Build Robots! fundraising campaign.

I put in two orders for books.

I also spent some time working on e-books.

I read a copy of the New York Times Book Review.

We had a holiday origami program today from 3:00 p.m. to 4:45 p.m. in the fiction room.  We made balls and cranes to hang with beads and thread.

There is a Beginning Microsoft Word class and a Fundamentals of Computers Class tonight.

We also have an Intergenerational Board Games night from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m..  A lot of teenagers were coming and we had to decide whether to make it adults and teens or just adults.

Web Bits


Maryland Legal Aid Advocacy Director Amy Petkovsek Discusses Lawyer in the Library Program

Library Lending Service Hoopla Adds Marvel Comics

Latest CIPFA Figures Revaal 'Catastropic' Scale of Library Closures (United Kingdom)

A Library Love Story Comes Full Circle


No comments: