Friday, December 15, 2017

Daily Thoughts 12/15/2017

Thomas Jefferson Writing the Declaration of Independence - Howard Pyle
Thomas Jefferson Writing the Declaration of Independence, 1898

Daily Thoughts 12/15/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of Bunk.  I am reading about when white people pretend to be other races.  Kevin Young gives the examples of Opal Whitely and Grey Owl who were caucasians that pretended to be Native Americans.

I checked the displays and the gift books.

I also looked up some examples of robotics programs in libraries on the Programming Librarian website. I especially like the Bristlebot program  Brushbots A Fun Way to Get Kids Problem Solving. http://www.programminglibrarian.org/blog/brushbots-fun-way-get-kids-problem-solving

I worked a little bit more on my report for the board on Wednesday.

David Rocco did a presentation from his book, The Indestructible Man today from 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.


Web Bits


Stunning Photographs of Well Worn Library Books

New York Public Libraries:  The Proposal To Kill Net Neutrality is ‘Appalling’

Google Now Directs Users to Library E-books

The Future Looks Bright for Librarianship



No comments: