Saturday, April 6, 2019

Daily Thoughts 04/06/2019

Ipolit Strambu - Dupa-amiaza de vara.jpg
Ipolit Strambu - Dupa-amiaza de vara, 1918

Daily Thoughts 04/06/2019

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I am reading the book The Body Keeps the Score Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma by Bessel Van Der Kolk, M.D.  The book focuses on trauma and post traumatic stress.  It is interesting reading about how veterans react to the stress of combat.

I looked through two copies of the Times Literary Supplement.

I also spent time working on a grant for Arts Westchester.  We also have two people who want to use our space who are artists from Mount Vernon for the Individual Artists part of the Mount Vernon Arts Inititiative https://artswestchester.org/artist-opportunities/funding-opportunity-mount-vernon-arts-initiative/

I checked the gift books and the displays.

I checked some of the 600s, the fiction books in the mezzanine, and some paperbacks.

I did a little bit of cleanup of my desk.

Web Bits


It’s Time For Academics to Take Back Control of Research Journals

National Library Week Tools

What Happened to Shakespeare’s Library

The Library of Congress Has Digitized 155 Persian Texts Dating Back to the 13th Century

Library Strives for More Empathy Towards Homeless

No comments: