Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Daily Thoughts 04/09/2019

Walter Shirlaw-Among Old Poets.jpg
Among Old Poets, 1908, Walter Shirlaw

Daily Thoughts 04/09/2019

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of The Body Keeps the Score.  I am reading about how emotions and reason work together to keep people whole.  There are three basic reactions to danger, seeking help, fight or flight, and shutting down mentally.

I checked the displays and the gift books.

I also looked through the Ingram Spring 2019 Graphic Novels & Comics booklet.

I checked the mezzanine fiction.  I also spent some time checking the 800s today.

I turned my grant application for the Mount Vernon Arts Initiative today.  I also have another grant which I am waiting on today.  Hopefully, I should be able to type it up soon.

There is a Fundamentals of Computers class and a Beginning Microsoft Word 2013 class in the computer lab today.

Web Bits


The Surprising Benefits of Reading Before Bed

Archivists Race to Digitize Slavery Records Before the History Is Lost

Most Challenged Books of 2018: American Library Association Releases Annual List

When a Lion Called Milwaukee's Main Library Home


No comments: