Sunday, April 14, 2019

Daily Thoughts 04/14/2019

File:House of Wisdom(Bayt al-Hikma).jpg
The House of Wisdom (Bayt - Al - Hikma) 2016
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:House_of_Wisdom(Bayt_al-Hikma).jpg


Daily Thoughts 04/14/2019

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of The Body Keeps The Score.  I am reading about how language and talking about trauma changes people.  The book covers all kinds of trauma including things like automobile accidents and large scale incidents like the World Trade Center on 09/11.

I also read a little bit more of The Map of Knowledge.  I am reading about The Elements by Euclid.

I checked the purchase alerts tonight.

Web Bits



Going Against the Decluttering Craze: The Book Hoarders Who Defy Marie Kondo

The St. Louis Public Library Can Help You Create a Nonprofit

State Museum to Loan 'Randolph Mammoth' Replica to Local Library

Alison Bechdel: A Life in Books


No comments: