Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Daily Thoughts 04/17/2019

Models of Paper Folding (Origata tehon)
Models of Paper Folding, (Origata Tehon), 1697, Japan

Daily Thoughts 04/17/2019

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of The Map of Knowledge.  I am reading about Cordoba in Iberia which was another center of Muslim learning under the Ummeyah.  They were rivals to the Abbasid dynasty in Baghdad.

I also read some more of The Body Keeps the Score.  I am reading about yoga and how it helps people work with trauma.

I checked the displays and the gift books this morning.

I spent some time checking the fiction in the mezzanine.

I worked on two orders for new books.

I spent some time discussing a grant which we are receiving from the Community Development Block Grant.

I also talked to some people about programming.

I looked through three copies of Publishers Weekly and the latest copy of the Ingram Advance.

Web Bits


Celebrate Library Card Sign Up Month 2019

Why Doctors and Librarians Make Great Partners

Long Lost Kafka Books Could Emerge After Messy Legal Battle

Public Library to Deploy Fleet of Bookmobiles for the First Time Since the '80s


No comments: