Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Daily Thoughts 04/16/2019

Brooklyn Museum - La Roche Guyon - Theodore Robinson - overall.jpg
La Roche Guyon, Theodore Robinson, circa 1891, Brooklyn Museum

Daily Thoughts 04/16/2019

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook.

On the way to work, I read some more of The Map of Knowledge.  I am reading about Galen, the famous Roman physician.

I also read some more of The Body Keeps the Score.  I am reading about the limits of language in the expression of trauma.

I checked the displays and the gift books.

I put some books to be added to the collection aside.  There are several books from The Last Interview series by Melville House.  I am also planning on reading the book, How to Do Nothing Resisting the Attention Economy by Jenny Odell which is also by Melville House.

I also did a little work with programming.

I have a variety of magazines to read including the New York Times Book Review, Publishers Weekly, the Times Literary Supplement, and the Latest Ingram Advance.

There are several advanced reading copies which I put in the staff room from the Urban Librarians Unite conference.

I finished writing my monthly report.

There is a Fundamentals of Computers class and a Beginning Microsoft Word 2013 class from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. tonight.

Web Bits



Top Ten (Eleven) Challenged Books Announced

You Can Now Help Search for David Copperfield's Secrets on the Moon

8 Presidential Libraries Every History Buff Should Visit

No comments: