Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Daily Thoughts 04/30/2019

File:Main Reading Room. View of statue of Philosophy by Bela Pratt on the column entablature between two alcoves. Library of Congress Thomas Jefferson Building, Washington, D.C. LOC 8470007173.jpg

Main Reading Room. View of statue of Philosophy by Bela Pratt on the column entablature between two alcoves. Library of Congress Thomas Jefferson Building, Washington, D.C. 


Daily Thoughts 04/30/2019

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

On the way to work, I read some more of How to Do Nothing.  I am reading about how to refuse to do things.  The argument starts with Diogenes, continues to Thoreau and throws some performance art for measure.  I am enjoying reading the chapters. It includes a bit on the short story Bartleby the Scrivener by Herman Melville.

I checked the displays and the gift books.

I worked on two orders of new books.  I also worked on the some of the fiction books in the mezzanine.

The book, Build A Great Team ALA Guides for the Busy Librarian by Catherine Hakala-Ausperk has come in for me to read.

I read a copy of the New York Times Book Review and a copy of Booklist.

Web Bits


Instant Digital Card Brings New Avid Readers to Public Libraries

Beyond Politics and Prose: White Nationalists Target Bookstores, Libraries In Protests Nationwide



No comments: