Thursday, April 18, 2019

Daily Thoughts 04/18/2019

Scholar
Scholar, China 19th Century

Daily Thoughts 04/18/2019

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I checked the displays and the gift books.

We are restarting the Give Gab campaign for MVPL Bridging the Digital Divide.

I also spoke to someone about doing an entrepreneurship program.

I checked some of the fiction books in the mezzanine.

I read some more of The Map of Knowledge on the way home.  I am reading about Toledo where many of the Arabic translations of classical knowledge were translated back into Latin for Christian scholars during the middle ages.

I also read some more of The Body Keeps the Score.  I am reading about how yoga helps stress and trauma both for post traumatic stress and abuse.

Web Bits


Stop Threatening the Public Library With Budget Cuts (Commentary)

Library In Anchorage Lends Out Taxidermy Specimens
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/travel/library-anchorage-lends-out-taxidermy-specimens-180971948/

North Dakota Senate Passes Roosevelt Library Bill After Philosophical Debate

No comments: