Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Daily Thoughts 06/11/2019

File:Amerling-Writing Scientist.jpg
Friedrich Von Amerling, Writing Scientist,  1842

Daily Thoughts 06/11/2019

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of Building A Great Team.  I am reading about how to prepare a group of people before they do an interview together.

I also read a little bit more of Unfu*ck Yourself.  There is quite a bit about how we make unconscious decisions.  There is also a reminder that we make our own decisions and get what we seek.

I checked the displays and the gift books.

I checked for damaged material in the mezzanine.

I worked on an order for new books.

I spent a little time looking at Read Squared which is the automated system for registering people for Summer Reading.

We are planning to do a fundraiser for the children's room where John R. Howard reads from his book, Poor Joshua, The DeShaney Case and Child Abuse in America.

I wrote the final report for the Mount Vernon Arts Initiative in 2019.  It was a Visual Journaling Workshop.   We had a Bullet Journaling Program today in fiction room from 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.

This was immediately after the Crochet Group program from 2:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.

There is a Fundamentals of Computers Class and a Beginning Microsoft Word Class in the computer lab tonight.


Web Bits


Book Expo 2019 In Photos

Westlake Library Offers eReading Rooms for Kids, Teens

Here’s What Libraries Do In Seattle

What’s The Coolest Thing About Your Library?



No comments: