Friday, June 14, 2019

Daily Thoughts 06/14/2019

Palais des Arts, Marseille, France, 1895















Daily Thoughts 06/14/2019


I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this evening.

I read some more of Marcus Aurelius Meditations.

I also read some more of Outer Order Inner Calm by Gretchen Rubin.  I am reading about how clearing clutter helps improve concentration.

I went to If We Build It... Sustainable Funding in Libraries and Archives at Metro New York Library Council.  Metro has a new location on 599 11th Avenue on the 8th floor of the building.  It is very clean and well lit.

When I went to the presentation, they asked us not to identify which people were saying different things.  We could write what we liked, but no identities.

I learned about a number of different organizations.  The content was very interesting.  Some of it will be quite useful.  I have to think a little bit more about what I will say about it.

The program ran from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. for the whole day and also had a lunch.

Web Bits



The Week In Libraries New Reader Survey Urges Publishers Libraries to Bridge Their Data Gap

NYC's Libraries Battle Against $11M Budget Cut

Bots In the Library Colleges Try AI to Help Researchers (But With Caution)


No comments: