Saturday, June 1, 2019

Daily Thoughts 06/01/2019

Metcalf14.jpg
Daily Thoughts 06/01/2019

Summer at Hadlyme by Willard Metcalf, 1900
 
I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.


I read some more of Information Wars on the way to work.  I am reading about what it is like to work in the state department of the United States.

I checked the displays and the gift books.

I also spent some time checking the fiction books in the mezzanine.

In addition, I looked over some damaged books deciding which ones needed to be mended.

I put in some orders for new books today.

I also finished up some changes for the monthly schedule.

I brought a stack of comic samples from Book Expo which we are going to use to make collage.  I also added a few books from Book Expo America to the collection.

There was a Citizenship Class and Beginning English Language Learner class today at the library.

I spent a little time working on flyers.

I still have a few review magazines like New York Times Book Review and Booklist to read through.

Web Bits 




Book Expo 2019: Adult Editors Get Fired Up About Bleak Books at Buzz Panel

Step Inside “Leninka,” Russia’s Oldest and Largest Library

There are Floating Library Boats In Sweden

 

No comments: