Friday, May 31, 2019

Daily Thoughts 05/31/2019

File:Osman Hamdi Bey - Arzuhalci , Public Scribe - Google Art Project.jpg
Public Scribe, Osman Hamdi Bey, 1910

Daily Thoughts 05/31/2019

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I also read some more of Information Wars on the way to Book Expo America.  The author, Richard Stengel who worked for the state department focuses on disinformation from Russia and ISIS.

In the morning I attended the Library Reads Book Buzz from 9:30 a.m. to 10:15 a.m.  I listened to variety of recommendations for different titles for librarians to purchase.

I took some more time to walk around the different exhibitor booths.  Then I went to the Librarians Shout and Share from 11:40 a.m. to 12:40 p.m. which was a set of librarians who gave recommendations on titles which they saw for books during the show.

Naxos served ice cream at the Librarians Lounge at 2:00 p.m.  They also gave away a one month pass to the Naxos music streaming service to librarians who attended Book Expo America.  I intend to review this service.

Overall, it was an excellent show which I found useful to to go to.  I had a chance to go to many educational panels as well as see what was new in the publishing industry.

Web Bits


Book Expo 2019, Bookstores Central to Publishing, Industry Powerhouses Say

How I Became a Librarian

10 Fascinating Online Collections at the New York Public Library


No comments: