Thursday, September 5, 2019

Daily Thoughts 09/05/2019

File:Library in the Smithsonian Institution Building.jpg
Print of an engraving of the library in the west end of the Smithsonian Institution Building, or "Castle." The engraving was published in the Smithsonian Guidebook of 1857. Men are looking at books and talking. Busts can be seen on the upper balcony

Daily Thoughts 09/05/2019

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook.

I finished reading The Library An Illustrated History by Stuart P. Murray.  The last portion is about libraries from around the world.  It gives a sense of the largest libraries.

I read some more of The Jixia Academy and the Birth of Higher Learning In China.  I am reading about the differences between Mohist and Confucian philosophy.

I checked the displays and the gift books.

I checked some more of the books in the mezzanine.

I reviewed some of the books being mended.

I am working on the final report for weeding for the week we were closed from August 19 through August 23rd.

Web Bits


This New $2.8 Million Center Helps the Library Get Materials To You On Time: PHOTOS

Library Displays Banned Books, Encourages People to Read Them

No comments: