Thursday, September 19, 2019

Daily Thoughts 09/19/2019

Revolution de la librairie - Nouvelle Collection Illustree a 20 centimes - Didier et Mericant.jpg
Revolution of the Bookstore New Illustrated Collection at 20 centimes Didier & Méricant, editors, 1 rue du Pont de Lodi Street Sold here, 1897

Daily Thoughts 09/19/2019

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I finished reading History of Libraries in the Western World Compact Textbook Edition by Michael H. Harris.  The last part was on Latin American libraries.  This is an attempt at a complete survey of libraries throughout history.  It gives a fairly complete idea of what libraries are about historically.

I finished reading Particle Physics A Graphic Guide by Tom Whynite and Oliver Pugh. It is entertaining reading about physics particles.  I learned about quarks, muons, protons, and other particles.  There is also quite a bit about machinery for particle physics like cloud chambers and colliders.

I checked the displays and the gift books.

I worked on shifting some mystery books this morning.

I spent some time checking books in the mezzanine.

There is a Microsoft Power Point 2019 class in the computer lab tonight from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.

I read a copy of Booklist.

I also looked up some more science books.

Web Bits

Hopefully our contract will be ratified on Friday.
http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?m=1120668809983&ca=be0455c3-c45a-4395-ad1d-5f0fd315729a


No comments: