Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Daily Thoughts 09/11/2019

Cover of a Writing Tablet

Cover of a Writing Tablet, French, 1325-50

Daily Thoughts 09/11/2019

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some of the History of Libraries in the Western World Compact Textbook Edition by Michael H. Harris.  I am reading about Byzantine libraries.

I also read some more of The Jixia Academy and the Birth of Higher Learning in China.  There are some comparisons between different Greek schools of philosophy and how they approached politics.

I checked the displays the gift books this morning.

I spent some time thinking about how to shift books in the main floor of the library.

I put in three orders for new books.  One of the orders included a biography of a comic book artist who used our library.


Web Bits


Update on Ebook Advocacy

Hollywood Library Converted to Emergency Shelter for Women

ALA Announces National Library Legislative Day to Be Held in May 2020

No comments: