Friday, September 13, 2019

Daily Thoughts 09/13/2019

Samuel Beckett by Reginald Gray.jpg
Samuel Beckett by Reginald Gray, 1961

Daily Thoughts 09/13/2019

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of The Jixia Academy And the Birth of Higher Learning in China last night.  I am reading about the ideal characteristics of a Chinese sage in the Confucian philosophy.

I also read some more of History of Libraries in the Western World.  I am reading about early monastic Christian libraries.

I spent some time working on grants this morning.  We are meeting with a foundation this morning.

We are starting to shift the books today.  I started in the mystery section.

We are also looking at moving and taking down some shelving so we can put in computers in the teen area.

I also spent some time checking books in the mezzanine.

I checked the New York Times Bestseller list and the Publishers Weekly Bestsellers list.

Web Bits



Not Small Change: Honey Grove Library & Learning Center: Best Small Library in America

Libraries and Archivists Scanning Books That Are Secretly In the Public Domain

No comments: