Sunday, July 26, 2009

Daily Thoughts 7/26/009

John Buchan author of The 39 Steps which was made into an Alfred Hitchcock film.


Daily Thoughts 7/26/2009

I have been downloading Windows Defender to deal with spyware. Somehow the updates to Spybot Search and Destroy were being blocked so I had to go around the problem.

I tried to start watching Waltz With Bashir, but found it to be a very heavy, serious, dark, and philosophical film. It was not what I expected at all. The style of animation was different than any other I had seen before. Lots of somber greys, browns, and other dark colors. It was almost photorealistic but with more muted colors. The film was about memories of Israeli soldiers from the Lebanon war. The animation and story were very well done, but they are not what I wanted to see at the moment. There is a lot of dream imagery mixed in with memories, some of it sexually charged. I might watch it later. I was hoping for something less somber. Ths is definitely a serious film.

No comments: