Sunday, October 10, 2010

Daily Thoughts 10/10/2010 (Selected Links Page, Singing Librarian, Dreadnought)

Librarian of Congress Luther Evans from 1945-1953

Daily Thoughts 10/10/2010

This morning, I watched a DC Universe original animated movie, Wonder Woman. I like to do my floor exercises when I watch silly cartoons or escapist films.  It was a bit of silly escapism.  Princess Diana fights Ares the God of War.  It was full of action and heroism. I liked one of the special features on an animated feature called Justice League The New Frontier.  Apparently, DC did a modern animated film in 2008 based on the old style costumes and technology from the 1950s which should be very interesting. 

I also went back and filled in some more links for my Selected Links page.  I am going back through 2008 right now.   It will be a steady process.  I finished today with my first pass through the selected links page. I have a lot of links up.  I am only including links that I actually wrote about.

It has been an interesting experience looking through my old blog posts.  I got much more commentary because I seemed to be more willing to state my opinions. Strong opinions or observations seem to me to be what generates comments more than anything else.  Some of the writing when I started is quite atrocious. Bad writing with horrid grammar also seems to attract attention especially if it is on literary topics which have academic or intellectual cachet.  Maybe in some far off time, I'll go back and edit it.  Practice seems to be what has made my writing somewhat better.  Practice and reading other peoples blogs.


On another note, The Singing Librarian Talks has come back, an excellent achievement for blogging.  http://singinglibrarian.wordpress.com/

I also am reading Dreadnought by Cherie Priest.  The main character, Mercy Lynch is a nurse.  The civil war in this world has been going on for over twenty years.  Mercy Lynch finds out her husband has died and must travel by dirigible, paddleboat, and train across a war torn landscape to meet her father who is in the Washington Territory.  I am finding the setting quite interesting. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I was looking at your links page and two of them don't go where they are supposed to.

Bookish Ruth takes you to a gambling site
bookaddiction doesn't come up at all.

Book Calendar said...

Went back and deleted the two links. Thanks for letting me know.