Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Daily Thoughts 10/20/2010 (Graphic Novels)

Stilleben mit Juwelen, Musikinstrumenten und Globus, Öl auf Leinwand, 46 x 62 cm,19th Century, Anonymous

Daily Thoughts 10/20/2010

Today has been a quiet day.  I did a little bit more work with the request an item form.  Also, I think the form for our survey will be up soon.

The book Brains for Lunch drawn by Gahan Wilson with haiku by K.A. Holt came in for me to read.  It is quite fun, it is a series of haikus turned into a novel.  I especially like the zombie teenager, Loeb.

I am going to read two books, Burton & Swinburne, The Strange Affair of Spring Heel Jack by Mark Hodder which is a steampunk novel.  It is the authors first novel.  The second book is The Art of Non-Conformity Set Your Own Rules, Live The Life You Want and Change The World by Chris Guillbeau.

Today was very busy.  We had our graphic novels club.  It has a kind of built in audience because the teenagers who play magic cards use the room and one of the mothers who helps with the middle school and junior high school graphic novel club comes each time to request material and take suggestions.  I gave away several comics from my visit to New York Comic Con. Also, we get some circulation because people take the material we talk about out.

We also had a collection development meeting which went quite smoothly.  I am going to put some more of my orders in tomorrow.

I still have to talk with someone about setting up a poetry reading series.   People have started signing up for the SCORE Counselors to America's Small Business sessions.  I am going to work on a display for books tomorrow on business.

Web Bits

Be a librarian just add books. Little Librarian http://www.littlelibrarian.net/

No comments: