Monday, December 12, 2011

Daily Thoughts 12/12/2011

Yushima shōkintei Print shows women serving tea to men in a tearoom, drinking tea, reading, and writing; view of Edo through opening in rear. Date Created/Published: [between 1835 and 1837]
Daily Thoughts 12/12/2011

This morning, I updated the Twitter and Facebook accounts for the library.  Two graphic novels came in for me to read, The Sixth Gun Book 1: Cold Dead Fingers and The Sixth Gun Book 2: Crossroads.  The graphic novel is a weird western with zombies and evil dead things.

I put the book Who's in charge? : free will and the science of the brain by Michael S. Gazzinga.  It was reviewed in the latest Library Journal.  I am waiting for funds to order material.

I checked the gift books and the current events display this afternoon.  I usually look through Yahoo News to see what are the latest topics to pick out books for the current events display.

I am reading Louis Prang: Color Lithographer Giant of a Man by Dr. Larry Freeman.  Louis Prang is considered the father of the American holiday card.  We have our Biography Book Club tomorrow and we are reading about someone associate with the holidays.  I rather like greeting cards, paper, bookmarks, stamps, and other ephemera.  I find them interesting.

Web Bits

Occupy Wall Street Library Hopes to Rebuild in Duarte Square
http://www.mediabistro.com/galleycat/occupy-wall-street-library-hopes-to-rebuild-in-duarte-square_b43714

No comments: