Friday, December 30, 2011

Daily Thoughts 12/30/2011




Gottfried Hensel: Europa Polyglotta. Multilingual Europe, showing the genealogy of the languages, together with the alphabets and modes of writing of all peoples. 1730.

Daily Thoughts 12/30/2011

I have been reading some more of The Filter Bubble.  Eli Pariser is describing how personalization can end up damaging a person by stereotyping them.  Internet tracking cookies are used to profile a person and a person can be misinterpreted easily.  There are also some rather scary things which he is saying like personalization can attempt to predict a persons politics, whether or not they own a gun, and their ethnicity.  It is the exact opposite of anonymity.

This morning, I updated the Twitter and Facebook pages for the library and checked the displays.  I also took some time to print some flyers for programs.  I try and do this at the beginning of the month for the months programs.

I also spent quite a bit of time figuring out how to translate my schedule into Google Calendar.  I put in two months worth of programs. It probably needs some editing and clean up.  It is my first time doing this.  I like the layout of the calendar.

No comments: