Monday, December 10, 2012

Daily Thoughts 12/10/2012

Illustration de ma mère l'Oye, par Gustave Doré

Daily Thoughts 12/10/2012

This morning, I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library this morning.  I also checked the displays and the gift books.  Our director resigned on December 6, 2012 which is stressful.  I am trying to stay focused on doing my job right now.

I spent some time going through the cancelations to see what we might reorder.  I also took a few minutes to look at the latest New York Times Book Review.

The Cassandra Project by Mike Resnick and Jack McDevitt came in for me to read today.

I also read a few pages in The Signal and the Noise, but put it down and mostly spent some time thinking on the train home. I have quite a bit to think about.  Things are changing quickly and it is time to be careful and focus on doing a good job.   It is important to hold the line and make sure every day things like reference desks and helping patrons get done.

The Friends of the Mount Vernon Public Library brought in three wreaths to brighten up the place which was a nice touch.

Web Bits

Reading Can Help Reduce Stress
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/5070874/Reading-can-help-reduce-stress.html

No comments: