Thursday, December 20, 2012

Daily Thoughts 12/20/2012

The Curtain Rises... Contemporary Plays and Books on the Current Theatre, WPA, Between 1936 and 1941


Daily Thoughts 12/20/2012

This morning, I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library.  I also read a little bit of Management Basics for Information Professionals.  I am reading about concepts around leadership.

I am still thinking about the library budget.  There is a hearing on the city of Mount Vernon budget in Council Chambers of City Hall at 7:00 p.m. on Friday, December 21, 2012.  I will be there, but not as a speaker.

The graphic novel, The Lovely Horrible Stuff by Eddie Campbell came in for me to read.  I opened the book and started reading it.  The design is very interesting, it uses a combination of photography altered with colored ink which is very unusual.  Also the layout is very nontraditional, and the lettering looks like it was written with a fountain pen.

The computer lab is open from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. today.

I am reading the Adult Summer Reading Manual for 2013 which is titled Groundbreaking Reads.  One of the suggestions is to do displays on underground cities like the catacombs of Paris, the subway tunnels of New York, or the London underground.

Web Bits

Overdrives Next Generation Websites Now Live at 22 Libraries
http://www.infodocket.com/2012/12/19/overdrives-next-gen-websites-now-live-22-libraries/
I am hoping that this is easier to use than our current version of Overdrive.

Books for Young Latinos Exist Just Not In the Classroom
http://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/by-topic/childrens/childrens-industry-news/article/55190-books-for-young-latinos-exist-just-not-in-the-classroom.html

No comments: