Saturday, May 2, 2015

Daily Thoughts 05/02/2015


Daily Thoughts 05/02/2015

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.



I read some more of The Three Body Problem on the way to work.  It is a bit different because it is translated from Chinese and all the characters are Chinese.  Another difference is that most of the characters are scientists.  There is quite a bit about cosmology and physics.  It is hard science fiction.

I also read some more of Americanah.  One of the characters, Ifemelu is writing a blog in the novel which makes it feel a bit modern.



I checked the gift books and the displays this morning.  I am working on the program schedule for June.


I spent some time working on Bookletters to update the widgets on the library home page.  I also looked through the latest New York Times Bestsellers and the Publishers Weekly Bestsellers.


I am looking at the Master Gardener program from the Cornell Extension center which offers free lectures by master gardeners to nonprofits.



Web Bits


Residents Vote to Give Purchase Library New Lease

Museum and library Bring 'Monster' Collaboration

Judy Blume Makes Plea to New York Mayor For Library Funds


No comments: