Monday, May 25, 2015

Daily Thoughts 05/25/2015

Artist: Okumura Masanobu, 1686 - 1764
Korean on horseback writing the character “Tiger”

Daily Thoughts 05/25/2015

Happy Memorial Day.  There is parade near my house today.

I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library this morning.  I also did a little preparation for Book Expo America which is on May 27-29.

I am hoping to get a book signed on Friday at 10:00 a.m. Paolo Bacigalupi is signing copies of his book, The Water Knife at the Random House Booth on 05/29/2015.

There were a few books that caught my interest. Twain and Stanley Enter Paradise by Oscar Hijuelos and George McDonald Fraser, Captain Calico.  Both of these are fiction.  In nonfiction, there is The Master Algorithm How The Quest for the Ultimate Learning Machine Will Remake Our World by Pedro Domingos,  We Were Brother's A Memoir by Barry Moser.  Barry Moser illustrated the Pennyroyal Caxton Bible.  Prince of Darkness: The Untold Story of Jeremiah G. Hamilton Wall Street's First Black Millionaire by Shane White, and My Life on the Road by Gloria Steinem.

BEA' s Big Reveal BEA Preview 2015

BEA Galley & Signing Guide 2015

http://lj.libraryjournal.com/downloads/2015-bea-galley-signing-guide/

I am watching Earth A New Wild, the 3rd and 4th episodes which are about Water and Oceans.  I like the narrator, Dr. M. Sanjayan's style.  It made me interested enough to place the dvd series, Years of Living Dangerously, The Complete Series on hold.  It is a documentary on climate change filmed by James Cameron. Dr.M. Sanjayan is the narrator of this series as well.

Elon Musk



Tesla Model 3 Concept Images Emerge

No comments: