Saturday, May 16, 2015

Daily Thoughts 05/16/2015

Miss Crompton's Room, Mary Ellen Best (1809-1891), Watercolor, York Museum

Daily Thoughts 05/16/2015

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.  I read a little bit more of BiblioTech on the way to work.

I checked the displays and the gift books.  I spent some time working on orders for new books.  I looked at QBR-- The Black Book Review, http://www.qbr.com  and AALBC.

I also spent some time looking at Romantic Times, Early Word, and Locus Magazine.

I spent some time working on the 100s.

I also have to prepare for the Adult Summer Reading program.  We are looking at small giveaways like pens, highlighters, and coffee mugs for the program.

On the way home, I read some more of BiblioTECH, I am reading about mass digitization of old books and historical material.

I watched Sleepness In America which is a National Geographic DVD.  It is about sleep deprivation and what happens when you do not get enough sleep.  I placed a hold on the National Geographic DVD, Stress: Portrait of a Killer.

Web Bits

New Yorker's Rally for Library Funding
http://lj.libraryjournal.com/2015/05/budgets-funding/new-yorkers-rally-for-library-funding/#_

No comments: