Thursday, May 14, 2015

Daily Thoughts 05/14/2015


Daily Thoughts 05/14/2015

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of Sapiens on the way to work.  I am reading about the modern concepts of factory farming and consumerism.

I checked the book displays and the gift books.  I also spent some time working with the computer books.

My colleague is doing a program with the author Lashonda Katrice Barnett, who is disccussing her book, Jam on The Vine which is loosely based on the life of Ida Wells-Barneet.  It is from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. in the community room.  There is also a Beginning Powerpoint Class in the Computer Lab from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in the computer lab.

I am looking at the book, We Should All Be Feminists by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie.  This book is based on her TEDxEuston  talk in December 2012.  We are discussing the book, Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie on Thursday, May 21, 2015 from 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.

Web Bits

Nepal Quake Leaves Century Old Library in Ruins
http://www.i24news.tv/en/news/international/asia-pacific/70999-150513-nepal-quake-leaves-century-old-library-in-ruins

The Seed Exchange Library That Fought the Law and Won
http://sustainablecitiescollective.com/seedstock/1071051/little-library-could-advocates-change-seed-exchange-laws-minnesota

No comments: