Friday, May 8, 2015

Daily Thoughts 05/08/2015

The Morning News - William Merritt Chase
The Morning News, William Merritt Chase, 1886

Daily Thoughts 05/08/2015

I checked the library Twitter and Facbeook this morning.  Today is the Westchester Library Association conference.  I am passing on this.  It is also the Friends of the Library Book and Bake Sale from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.   I will get a cup of coffee, a cookie, and a book this morning to support the friends.



I read some more of Sapiens on the way to work.  I am reading about how interconnection between different cultures is increasing historically.  Now, more than ever people are able to travel to different places around the world and share a dialog with each other.



I went to the Friends of the Mount Vernon Public Library Book and Bake Sale and bought a copy of Sisters by Raina Telgemeier which is a young adult graphic novel.  I also bought some brownies and a cup of coffee.



I compiled the statistics for last month and sent them in.


I did some work with the computer books.


I also looked at the June Releases Library Reads. http://libraryreads.org


I spent some more time looking at Book Expo America.  There are two more events on Friday which I hope to go to. There is the AAP Annual Librarians Book Buzz, Part II from 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.  and there is The Annual Librarian’s Shout and Share from 3:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m..  These are excellent ways to learn about books.  Both events are in room 1E14.






Web Bits


Oh, These Clever Librarians and Their Bookface


How Becoming A Librarian Saved Me


Automation


Robots May Look Like Job Killers But It Is Hard to See In the Numbers





No comments: