Friday, November 27, 2015

Daily Thoughts 11/27/2015

File:Marie Spartali Stillman - Love Sonnets.jpg

Marie Spartali Stillman, Love Sonnets, 1894

Daily Thoughts 11/27/2015

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of Creating a Learning Society.  I am reading about how economic stability improves learning in firms.  The argument is that less money and time are available to firms during recessions for learning.  Also, firms in bankruptcy cannot invest as much in research and development.  One of the ideas in the book is that the more an organizations does something, the more they learn how to do it better.

I checked the gift books and the displays today.

I also spent some time discussing the computer lab and the public computers with a colleague.

I spent some time in the computer lab today.

I also sent some information for a flyer to our graphic designer.


Web Bits


The Future of Libraries is Collaborative, Robotic, and Participatory

Can Fewer Books on the Shelf Improve Nebraska Libraries?
http://netnebraska.org/article/news/1001507/can-fewer-books-shelf-improve-nebraska-libraries

Libraries Aim to Fill Digital Gap by Obtaining Updated Technology
http://www.weau.com/home/headlines/Libraries-aim-to-fill-digital-gap-by-obtaining-updated-technology-354037251.html

World Brain

I have been thinking a little bit about the concept of the Synopticon.  The Synopticon could be redone with a focus on the great ideas of the world instead of just the western world. 


No comments: