Friday, June 3, 2016

Daily Thoughts 06/03/2016

Still Life with Guitar - Antonietta Raphael
Still Life With Guitar, Antonietta Raphael, 1928

Daily Thoughts 06/03/2016

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I also finished reading Sepp Holzer's Permaculture A Practical Guide to Integrative Farming and Gardening.  I enjoyed reading this.  There were lots of illustrations and photographs with flowers, trees, fruit, and farm animals.  It is very much about using methods of farming that are more integrated with nature.  The authors describes a variety of different pest control methods that are natural, as well as examples of gardening that can be used in city communities.  He is very much writing about how to be more in touch with nature and ecology.  I found it to be a relaxing read.

I checked the gift books and the displays this morning.

I took a look at Evanced today which is the system for the Adult Summer Reading signup as well as the design for raffle tickets.  We spent some time discussing getting an acrylic cup as a giveaway.

I also did a little bit of weeding.

I read some dark space opera today, War Factory Transformation Book Two by Neil Asher.  The aliens in this story are the cruel, crablike Prador.  There are also rogue AIs with unpredictable, menacing behavior.

Web Bits


Why PPR for Film Is Important for Universities

Book Loving Stars on Instagram: They’re the New Oprah


No comments: