Thursday, June 23, 2016

Daily Thoughts 06/23/2016

Book and Guitar - Juan Gris
Book and Guitar, Juan Gris, 1925

Daily Thoughts 06/23/2016

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

On the way to work, I finished reading The View from the Cheap Seats.  Sometimes Neil Gaiman can be a little more than creepy for some people.  Some of his ideas have a Halloween quality to them which really doesn't bother me, but gets to other people.  He often writes about death and even faked the death of his wife to write a number of articles on how she died.  The book was very entertaining.  It makes me want to read The Thirteen Clocks by James Thurber.  Also, Neil Gaiman wrote about some authors like Terry Pratchett and Lord Dunsany who I like reading and Charles Vess who does does beautiful illustration.

I also read some more of the Walkable City.  I am reading about how trees make cities more attractive and safer.

I checked the gift books and the displays.  I also checked out the book, Mastermind How to Think Like Sherlock Holmes by Maria Konnikova today.  I am using it as part of an Adult Summer Reading Book   Club.  I sent in some more content for flyers to our designer today.  I also printed more flyers.

I have a copy of Publishers Weekly to read.

I am also getting ready for the Adult Board Games Night tonight.  We are getting ready for the Adult Summer Reading launch this Monday.

There is a Beginning Microsoft Excel Class tonight from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.

Web Bits


The Importance of Libraries to the Economy: ALA Releases New Publication on Advancing Entrepreneurship

Are you a 'reader' When Listening to an Audiobook?  Yes of Course

Eye Like Library by MVRDV Nears Completion in China

Library Exchanges Late Fees for Blood


No comments: