Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Daily Thoughts 06/14/2016

H. A. Brendekilde - Mens du læser avisen nyheder (1912).jpg
H. A. Brendekilde - Mens du læser avisen nyheder (1912)

Daily Thoughts 06/14/2016

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

On the way to work, I read some more of The View from the Cheap Seats.  Neil Gaiman makes references to many of the books and graphic novels he has written including Sandman, Coraline, The Graveyard Book, Neverwhere, and American Gods and others so far.

I checked the displays and the gift books this morning.  I also did a little weeding.

I spent some time talking to authors about doing programs at the library this morning as well.

I am looking at Walkable City How Downtown Can Save America, One Step At a Time by Jeff Speck.

I joined the Better World Books LinkedIn Community.

We are going to have Nicole Dennis-Benn come to read from her book, Here Comes the Sun: A Novel on August 25, 2016.

We are going to have Dylan Emmons come to discuss his book, Living In Two Worlds: On Being A Social Chameleon with Aspergers in August.

We are discussing which classes we should have for July and August for computers.

I read some of Walkable City.  The central concept of this book is a walk should be useful, safe, comfortable, and interesting.  People want to live where it is easy to walk to get what they need.

Web Bits


Librarians Fight the Battle of the Budget

No comments: