Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Daily Thoughts 03/01/2017

The Message - Gerard Terborch
The Message, Gerard Terborch, 1660

Daily Thoughts 03/01/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I also checked the displays and the gift books.  Today is the first day of Women's History month.

I am in the computer lab now.  I did a little more work with programming today.  I am trying to think of something for National Library Week.

I spent a little time working with a colleague on ordering for new books.

On the way to work, I read some of Beyond Competitive Advantage.  I am reading about how successful companies create their own theories to gain advantage.  The author uses a diagram from Walt Disney to describe the vision of the founder and how it led to sustained competitive advantage.

I also read some more of The Existentialist Cafe Freedom, Being, and Apricot Cocktails.   This author is both a descripton of existentialism and phenomenology and a kind of personal memoir on how the philosophy was part of Sarah Bakewell's life.

I am looking at the Urban Librarians Unite conference.  The teacher for my Management of Technology Course, Carson Block, will be there on April 7, 2017.  https://www.urbanlibrariansconference.org/

I am having some people check for damaged items in the collection.

I read some more of Beyond Competitive Advantage on the way home.  I learned about a new concept in management, cross-sight the ability to see synergies and assets across a corporation.

No comments: