Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Daily Thoughts 03/28/2017

The Reader - Grace Cossington Smith
The Reader, Grace Cossington Smith, 1916


Daily Thoughts 03/28/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I checked the gift books and the displays.  I spent some time looking at the definitions of what Central Book Aid is for New York Libraries.  http://www.nysl.nysed.gov/libdev/clda/index.html

I put in a few orders for new books.  I also have more orders to work on.

The Crochet Group met today in the fiction room from 2:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m..  There was a very nice crowd.

I spent some time working on scheduling today for the year.  I am working on putting together a schedule for the next several months.  I have to examine my programming more closely.

I have a copy of the New York Times Book Review and the Times Literary Supplement to read.

There is a Fundamentals of Computers class tonight and a Beginning Microsoft Word class in the computer lab.

I read some more of Fast Food Nation on the way home.  I am reading about the dangers of working in the meatpacking industry.

Web Bits


In Praise of the Book Tower

Nonpartisan Nonprofits Fight for Free Expression

National Library Groups Oppose Bill to Make Register of Copyrights a Presidential Appointee

No comments: