Saturday, March 4, 2017

Daily Thoughts 03/04/2017


The Artist's Wife (Périe, 1849–1887) Reading

Albert Bartholomé (French, Thiverval 1848–1928 Paris) Date 1883


Daily Thoughts 03/04/2017

I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library this morning.

I finished reading Beyond Competitive Advantage How to Solve the Puzzle of Sustaining Growth While Creating Value by Todd Zenger.  I liked at the end of the book how Todd Zenger describes that people need to adjust their strategy on whether they are  centralized or decentralized.   A lot of this book discusses opposing strategies like whether to make or buy different products.  The author seems to do a good job of describing how to be flexible in making decisions.

I checked the displays and the gift books.  I also worked a little bit on ordering.  I have a few lists to work on for Bookletters including new fiction, new nonfiction, and new dvds.

I checked out the book, Harvard Business Review's 10 Must Reads On Managing Yourself.


Web Bits
"Where Will They Go?" MLK Library A Refuge for the City's Homeless Closes for Renovation

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/where-will-they-go-mlk-library-a-refuge-for-the-citys-homeless-closes-for-renovation/2017/03/03/4f9b6218-fc7e-11e6-8f41-ea6ed597e4ca_story.html?utm_term=.bd5f087944b6

No comments: