Friday, March 31, 2017

Daily Thoughts 03/31/2017

Plato - Luca Giordano
Plato, Luca Giordano, 1660

Daily Thoughts 03/31/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I checked the displays and the gift books.

I read the book, Normal by Warren Ellis last night.  It is a very short novel about futurism.  The main character goes crazy because he has been looking into the abyss of what the future might be for too long.  He ends up in an asylum for futurists.  Then it gets truly strange with weird technology, conspiracy theory, spooky people, and madness.  It is very entertaining and bizarre.  The book is very short.  It can be finished in one sitting.  Warren Ellis writes graphic novels in addition to novels.  I especially liked his writing for the comic book, Transmetropolitan.

April is National Poetry Month.

I spent some time looking through the 600s today.

I checked out the book, James Baldwin, Collected Essays.

Web Bits


UW Professor: The Information War Is Real and We’re  Losing It

NASA Just Launched A Huge Free Library of Incredible Space Pictures



No comments: