Saturday, May 4, 2019

Daily Thoughts 05/04/2019

File:New books LCCN2015647305.jpg
New Books, 1910, William E. Schumacher

Daily Thoughts 05/04/2019

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I have posting about the Mount Vernon Public Library Budget Vote on May 7, 2019 from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.

I read some more of How to Do Nothing.  I am enjoying reading this book.  I am reading about how listening to music changes how you hear the world and looking at paintings changes how you view the world.  There is a reminder that seeing things through an artistic lense is important because it allows us to relax and pay attention.  Jenny Odell reminds us that we are connected to the natural world through the sounds of birds and how we see nature.  The world is not always about productivity or efficiency, it is often more important to pay attention.

I also have been reading Space 2.0.  I am reading about the realities of living and working in space.  Space is a hostile environment for humans with lots of radiation and limited gravity.  It changes peoples bodies, and challenges the human immune system.

I checked the gift books and the displays.  A colleague is working on fliers.

I spent some time checking the fiction, the biography, and the history books in the mezzanine.

Web Bits


The Evolving Role of Public Libraries

Video Game Music Composer Gives Lecture at the Library of Congress

No comments: