Friday, May 24, 2019

Daily Thoughts 05/24/2019

File:Sothebys book sale, 1888.jpg

Drawing of a book sale in progress at Messrs Sotheby, Wilkinson & Hodge of Wellington Street, the Strand, conducted by the Chairman, E.G. Hodge, with Bernard Quaritch and other booksellers in attendance, signed "H.M.P.". Most of the buyers present can be identified as the principal antiquarian booksellers of their day. 1888

Daily Thoughts 05/24/2019

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of Aristotle's Way on the way to work.  I am reading about concepts around self knowledge and emotions.

I also finished reading Loonshots How to Nurture Crazy Ideas That Win Wars, Cure Diseases, and Transform Industries by Safi Bahcall.  I am reading about why the industrial revolution occurred the west rather than in Asia which had many similar technologies.

I checked the displays and the gift books this morning.

I did some checking of the fiction books in the mezzanine, damaged books, and biography books.

I also finished packing up my desk so they can work on the technical services room.

Today is the Friends of the Mount Vernon Public Library Book and Bake Sale.  I stopped by and got a pumpkin muffin and a cup of coffee.  I also bought three books and three very nice blank journals.

I checked the New York Times Bestseller list and the Publishers Weekly Bestseller list.

I spent some time at the public computer desk.

Web Bits


Our Towns: When Libraries Are Second Responders

BookExpo's Librarians' Lounge 2019: The Full Schedule

Glen Ellen Library To Provide Meals, Snacks to Needy Kids Over the Summer

No comments: