Sunday, August 18, 2019

Daily Thoughts 08/18/2019

Gentileschi-retorica.jpg
Gentileschi, Retorica, 1650

Daily Thoughts 08/18/2019

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I placed an interlibrary loan for The Jixia Academy and The Birth of Higher Learning In China by Richard A. Hartnett.

I read a little bit more of The Model Thinker.  I am reading about bell curves, averages, and means.

I watched some of The Great Courses, Writing and Civilization.  I am on the third episode.  Each episode is half an hour long.

The Library of Ramses the Great
https://www.loc.gov/resource/rbc0001.2016gen16146/?sp=17

There is also a video about the first library in Kanopy called Ashurbanipal's Library and Gilgamesh.

Web Bits



Will Publishers Roll the Dice on Board Games?

Interlibrary Loan Will Change Your Life

20 Most Borrowed Books London 2017-2018

How A Group of Syrian Residents Assembled A Secret Library

Read Unpublished Walt Whitman Poems While Helping Transcribe Things for the Library of Congress



No comments: