Friday, August 23, 2019

Daily Thoughts 08/23/2019

File:Sumerian account of silver for the govenor (background removed).png

Summary account of silver for the governor written in Sumerian Cuneiform on a clay tablet. From Shuruppak or Abu Salabikh, Iraq, circa 2,500 BCE. British Museum, London. 

Daily Thoughts 08/23/2019

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of  The Model Thinker last night.  I am reading about Shapley Values.  Shapley Values describe power inside groups.

I am planning on generating a list of duplicate copies in the library this morning.

We did more weeding today.  We also had a staff luncheon with pizza today.

We picked up afterwards to make sure everything was neat.  We are reopening to the public tomorrow.  It was a lot of work.

I am planning on ordering in the computer books, management books, finance books, and health books.  I looked through the September Ingram Advance.

Web Bits


Guest Commentary: Publisher's Decision to Limit Access to E-books Bad News for Library Patrons

5 Unexpected Items You Can Borrow At Chicago's New Tool Library

The Secret Desk at Orton Library




No comments: