Friday, November 8, 2019

Daily Thoughts 11/08/2019

File:Orest Kiprensky 010.jpeg
Orest Kiprensky, Newspaper Readers in Naples, 1831

Daily Thoughts 11/08/2019

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of It's The Manager.  I am reading about the concept of coaching in management.

I checked the displays this morning.

I spent some time checking books in the mezzanine.

I have a pile of periodicals to read today.  I looked through two copies of the Times Literary Supplement.  I also looked through the New York Review of Books.  I checked the New York Times Bestseller list and the Publishers Weekly Bestseller list.  I also looked through the New York Times Book Review.

I still have more review material to read.

I put in several orders for new books.

We are continuing to work on shifting the main floor books.  We are currently in the 800s.

Yesterday, one of my colleagues went to the Complete Count Committee meeting for the Mount Vernon census at city hall. She signed up to be a member of the committee.  We plan on applying for a grant from the census.

Today we had the Teen Gaming Hour in the Trustees Room from 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.

Web Bits


Library of Congress Says it has “Significantly Improved” IT

Book Hider at Coeur D’Alene Library Receives National Media Attention
https://www.krem.com/article/news/local/book-hider-at-coeur-dalene-library-receives-national-media-attention/293-4e53e676-efe5-4258-ade8-9b0c8a2a6114

No comments: