Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Daily Thoughts 11/20/2019

Pablo Neruda (1966).jpg
Pablo Neruda During a Library of Congress Recording Session, 20 June 1966.  Public Domain.

Daily Thoughts 11/20/2019

I read some of Walking One Step At A Time By Erling Kagge.  I am enjoying reading this book, there are many examples of literary walks where he follows in the footsteps of different books and authors.

I also read some more of A Long Petal On the Sea.  One of the minor characters in the novel is Pablo Neruda, the Chilean poet.

I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library.

I checked the displays and the gift books this morning.

I worked on ordering new books today.

I checked some books in the mezzanine.

I also worked on shifting some of the books.

I worked on scheduling today.

I also set a whole bunch of appointments for tomorrow to do a variety of different things.  I am going to the Volunteer Program for the Complete Count Committee for Census at city hall from 12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m..  I think libraries need to be prepared for the coming census.  It will be the first online census.

Web Bits


From Banking to Books:  The KC Public Library Library’s Crosby Kemper III

Creating Libraries for Online Students Is Harder Than You Think

Keep It Crafty With the Library

No comments: