Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Daily Thoughts 2/23/2010

High life java & mocha coffee. Digital ID: 1541668. New York Public Library


High life java & mocha coffee. ([1895-1917])



Daily Thoughts 2/23/2010

I am looking at small press distributors which libraries use. The two main distributors are http://www.quality-books.com (Quality Books) and http://www.uniquebooks.com (Unique Books). I found out about them from my online class, Fundamentals of Collection Development and Management. I also have been talking to BWI (Book Wholesalers Inc.).



Today, I spent some time in the mezzanine working on weeding. I am almost done going through the 800s as well.



At 5:00 p.m. in the fiction room, we are meeting for the graphic novels club. This time I have a variety of shojo manga, Beauty Pop, Rosario and Vampire, Oh My Goddess, Absolute Boyfriend, Black Bird, Maison Ikkoku, and Fruits Basket. Fruits Basket and Beauty Pop are very popular at our library.



On the train home, I read some of The Responsive Public Library How To Develop and Market a Winning Collection by Sharon L. Baker and Karen L. Wallace, Second Edition. This describes practical ways to combines collection development with marketing to create a high amount of circulation.

No comments: