Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Daily Thoughts 04/14/2015

Woman at a Writing Desk, Ury Lesser, 1898

Daily Thoughts 04/14/2015

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook today.  I also checked the displays and the gifts books.  I had several flyers printed today.  There is a Poetry Open Mic led by Malinda Daniel Hodge on April 16th and and April 23rd from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m..  It should be excellent.




We started an account with Constant Contact today so we can send out information to our mailing list which is growing.



A few people sent the survey to their mailing lists.


I wrote the monthly report for March.  I was on vacation last week.



I spent some time working with the large print books.  I also replaced a few books by Victor Hugo.

Two books came in for me to read, The Blue Zones Solution Eating and Living Like the World's Healthiest People by Dan Buettner and The Orbital Perspective Lessons in Seeing the Big Picture from a Journey of 71 Million Miles by Astronaut Ron Garan.



The crochet class met from 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. today.  It was well attended.

I have a stack of review magazines to go through.



There are two computer classes tonight, a Fundamentals of Computers Class from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. and 6:45 p.m. to 7:45 p.m.




Web Bits



Summer Reading in the Digital Age
http://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/by-topic/industry-news/libraries/article/66218-check-it-out-with-peter-brantley-changes-for-the-nypl-s-summer-reading-program.html


State of America's Libraries Report 2015
http://www.ala.org/news/state-americas-libraries-report-2015

No comments: