Friday, April 17, 2015

Daily Thoughts 04/17/2015

Lewis Hine, Boy Studying, 1924

Daily Thoughts 04/17/2015

I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library this morning.  We are working on a weekly email newsletter.

On the way to work, I read some more of the Blue Zones Solution.  This is a link to an app which calculates life expectancy.  http://apps.bluezones.com/vitality/

I also finished reading The Orbital Perspective by Astronaut Ron Garan.  He describes the concept of the Overview Effect or what happens when people first see earth from space as an astronaut.


Yesterday was very busy.  Malinda Daniel Hodge did an excellent job with the poetry open microphone yesterday.  We are having another poetry open microphone on April 23, 2015 from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.  Please come if you are a poet in Westchester county.

I read a lot of review material yesterday.  I still have quite a bit more to do.

The book, Clash of Eagles by Alan Smale came in for me to read.

We sent several packets of flyers about the Mount Vernon Public Library survey to local libraries.  We are also getting people handing in paper copies of the library survey.  We have been steadily receiving more paper surveys.

I spent some time working on the order for new books next week.  I also discussed some of the responses from the survey with a colleague focusing on computer classes.

I also finished working with the large print books today.

I checked the displays and the gift books.

May is Mental Health Awareness Month.  I am looking at Bibliotherapy lists.


Web Bits
Library of Congress is Uploading 75 Years of Poetry and Literature Recordings




No comments: