Monday, April 20, 2015

Daily Thoughts 04/20/2015

Girl Reading, Edward Simmons, 1893

Daily Thoughts 04/20/2015

I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library this morning.  We are working on changing the pattern of how we post things.



I read some of Curiosity by Alberto Manguel.  I am reading about Dante and Inferno.  Alberto Manguel is describing Dante talking to Virgil and Ulysses.



I checked the gift books and the flyers this morning.  I also handed out some paper surveys to the public.



May is Mental Health Awareness Month.  I spent some time looking at bibliographies of bibliotherapy books.


The Westchester Library Association has a set of bibliographies for helping children with bibliotherapy.
Gill Library Bibliotherapy List

Grieving List White Plains Public  Library

Bibliotherapy Lists from the Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh
http://www.clpgh.org/research/parentseducators/parents/bibliotherapy/


We are going to be showing The Soloist on May 4 and having a panel discussion about the movie between 12:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m..


I spent some time reading the latest New York Times Book Review and started working on my order for new books for next week.







Web Bits


Linda Gregorson: "The Internet Chips Away  at the Barriers Between Solitary Writing and Solitary Reading."


Automation

The Machines Are Coming

No comments: