Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Daily Thoughts 05/03/2016



Daily Thoughts 05/03/2016

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.


Today is the library Trustee and Budget vote for the Mount Vernon Public Library from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.


I checked the gift books and the displays.  This week is Emotional Wellness Week from May 1 to May 7, 2016.


There is a Mindfulness Meditation class from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. in the fiction room today.

We put in the Preservation Assistance Grant from the National Endowment for the Humanities today.  I hope they accept it.  It is the first time I have worked on a grants.gov grant.  It was challenging and interesting to work with my colleagues on this.


Web Bits



School and Library Spotlight How To Make Libraries Indispensable


Meet the Man Who is Turning DC Libraries Into a National Model


New Library Receives State Support for Massive Green Roof



No comments: