Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Daily Thoughts 05/04/2016

File:Sorgh Portrait of a man.jpg
Portrait of a Man Writing at a Table, Hendrick Martensz Sorg, 1663

Daily Thoughts 05/04/2016

I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library this morning.


I also checked gift books and displays.  This week is Emotional Wellness Week.  We showed the film The Other Sister today in the Grace Greene Baker community room from 12:00 p.m. to 2:10 p.m..  I enjoyed the film quite a bit.  It is about the relationship between two mildly cognitively impaired young people.

The book, The Invaders How Humans And Their Dogs Drove Neanderthals to Extinction  by Pat Shipman came in for me to read.  The subject intrigues me.  The book starts with the idea that humans are an invasive species by nature.  People have moved into every area of the globe and worked on making it suit people.  Pat Shipman makes some observations about how pollution and environmental destruction drive out other species allowing more people to move in.

I am waiting for the official results for the Mount Vernon Public Library vote on Tuesday, May 3, 2016.

No comments: