Saturday, May 14, 2016

Daily Thoughts 05/14/2016

Woman Reading at a Dressing Table (Interieur, Nice) - Henri Matisse
Woman Reading at A Dressing Table, Henri Matisse, 1919

Daily Thoughts 05/14/2016

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I finished reading The Invaders How Humans and Their Dogs Drove the Neanderthals to Extinction by Pat Shipman.  The last part of the book is very interesting.  It is not about warfare between neanderthals and homo sapiens.  It is about how homo sapiens took over the food supply by hunting with dogs, drove neanderthals into marginal lands, and developed better technology like needles and mammoth bone huts.

I have been reading more of What Happened, Miss Simone?  There is a tragic element to this story.  Nina Simone has mood swings, is sometimes suicidal, has multiple affairs, estranges herself from her family, and acts like a very demanding artist.

I checked the displays and the gift books.

I also did an order for new books today.

I placed The Disaster Diaries How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Apocalypse by Sam Sheridan on hold.


A local Westchester Community College professor, Dylan Emmons, left a book for me to look at called Living In Two Worlds, On Being A Social Chameleon with Asperger's.

I finished reading What Happened, Miss Simone? by Alan Light.  I am ready for my book club next week on Thursday, May 19, from 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.

I cracked open The Third Wave An Entrepreneur's Vision of the Future by Steve Case.  The title reminds me of the book, The Third Wave by Alvin Toffler. People cannot copyright the titles of books.

Web Bits


Palisades Park Library feature a local designer and a touch of controversy

Welcome to Everyone


No comments: